Saturday, May 26, 2007

Elmo shadow


Last night when I was tucking Ella in bed she noticed that her flowers were making a shadow on the wall. Tonight she was talking to me and then seemed to suddenly remember it. She looked up at the shadow telling me, "I love that shadow" matter of factly. Then after looking at it for a minute she told me it looked like Elmo and asked why he was waving hi. I didn't see it right away but if you look closely you can see the circle with the two bumps on top that look like Elmo's eyes and the higher shadow being his hand. It gave me a good laugh!

On a side note, today we all went to the gym together. I realized on the way there that I have never left either of the girls with someone who isn't family or a friend, expect in the church nursery. It was strange to say bye and just leave them there! When we handed Addie over I told the lady, "We'll just be 20 minutes - I've never left her before!" She was an older lady and obviously used to dealing with concerned parents. She said, "Don't worry, I raised two children...she'll be fine." And they were both fine when we came back. Ella was so fine in fact that she cried the whole way home because she didn't want to leave all the kids and fun toys!

One more side note...Mike and I went out to dinner by ourselves tonight without the girls and it was so nice and relaxing! I just ate my food and didn't have to help anyone else with theirs :-).

1 comment:

Fowler family said...

Marci- I just found your blog amd love all of these pictures. The ones of Mike with a mullet were hilarious. I love this last entry about the shadows and your daughter seeing elmo in them. How precious!