Saturday, May 5, 2007

Progress?

I belong to a couple websites where I take surveys on various products or services and then I earn points that can be redeemed for cash. On occasion they actually send me a product to try which is always fun – my favorite was chocolate truffles but I’ve also received other good things like Pantene shampoo and conditioner. Anyway, a couple weeks ago I was taking a survey about potty training when I was told that I qualified to be sent training pants for Ella to use. About a week later UPS dropped off a big box full of training pants, which I was pleasantly surprised to find were Pampers Feel N Learn and which Ella was pleasantly surprised to find had Dora AND Boots on them! Ella insists to call them “big girl panties” although I continue to call them big girl diapers and remind her that she has a drawer full of real big girl panties waiting for her. She has been excitedly telling me as soon as the goes in her “big girl panties” and pulls them off for a new one. Since we aren’t paying for them I’m encouraging her to change them as often as she wants, hoping this is some sort of progress towards using the actual potty soon. I’m definitely ready to be done changing her and buying diapers for 2 kids, but I’m also not excited to have to deal with constant potty stops – especially in instances like shopping at the mall, running errands all morning or driving 3 hours to San Antonio. It’s just one of those things I guess. Hopefully the next report will be that she has successfully used the potty – at least once!

No comments: