Thursday, May 31, 2007

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!

So, the big day arrived – out of no where I might add. This morning as I was rushing around getting ready Ella told me she needed to use the big girl potty. She has done this before and nothing would happen so I almost just ignored the request, but luckily went in to help her anyway. She sat down and miracle of all miracles she really used the potty. I cheered and jumped up and down (I was overcome with excitement that she could do it!) and Ella would go and cheer and then go a little more and cheer again. Mike was home for the big success so we excitedly called him up stairs to celebrate with us. She still wore her pull ups all day but other than nap time she went in the potty every time! I guess it’s true that they’ll just do it when they are ready, because we had not really been doing anything to encourage it for awhile. We would still talk about how cool it would be to go in the big girl potty and she knew where the “prizes” are in my closet that she’d get to pick from when she did go, but I wasn’t having her sit on the potty at all, etc. So we’ll see how things go from here, but I am soooo thrilled to know there is an end in sight!

1 comment:

janessa gibson said...

I am soo jealous! We are still at the "Please go sit on the potty!!!??" stage with Grace.