Friday, June 29, 2007

Getting Younger

So, it seems I am getting younger - although I definitely feel like I'm getting older. In recent months I have surprised many by telling them my age (as in the person who thought I was 19 that I wrote about recently). Here is the latest...I worked yesterday afternoon and was in the front of the store with the owner Laura and a customer talking. A man came in selling steaks (only Texas - right?:-) He asked Laura, who declined, asked the other woman, who declined also, and then looked at me and just said, "Oh, you're too young" and walked out. I was telling Mike about this later and he thought maybe it is because a lot of high school students have jobs similar to mine (although it's all moms that work at the store) - most of the comments on my age do come when I am working though so I thought maybe he was right. Well, this morning I went to a kickboxing class at the gym. This particular teacher is popular so the room was packed with 58 people - she counted, I swear! We were pretty well into our workout when an M.C. Hammer song started and she says looking around the room, "It doesn't look like I need to tell anyone in here who M.C. Hammer is..." and then from the full room of sweaty, kicking and punching ladies she points to me and says, "...well, maybe you." What?! Do I really look that young? I honestly don't see it. What do people think when I am out running errands with Ella and Addie? That I had Ella when I was 15? Anyway, it gave me a good laugh at the gym today - it makes me laugh just thinking about it again :-). I think I'll have a T-shirt or a bandanna or button made that says "I'M 26 YEARS OLD!" and start wearing it everywhere I go to avoid any confusion!

1 comment:

dr_b_rock said...

Hilarious! one of my classmates (a really sweet, niave 22 year old) was so shocked when she heard I was 25 that she blurted out "OH, don't worry, you don't look THAT old at all!" hmm. But I guess we really are old-I was recently watching family videos and a clip came on from when I played basketball in elementary school. We were "da bulls" and we warmed up to the song 2 legit, 2 legit to quit. . .