Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Are You Over 18?

If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you will remember my past posts about my age, or more specifically other people's perception of it. Well, I still get age comments quite often but I had another spurt of them the past week that made me laugh. On Thursday night I was working at Gymboree and a manager from another store came in to close with me. When there was a lull in customers she asked me, "So, do you come here right from school?" I'm not sure if she meant high school or college, but either way she was very surprised when I told her I was married with 2 little girls. Then this weekend I went grocery shopping and took Ella with me. One of the items on our list was super glue and when we were in the checkout line the cashier scanned it and asked me, "Are you over 18?" Now, they are probably supposed to ask that legally but I'm sure they only do it if it is questionable, right? I would hope that the fact I had Ella with me makes me at least look I am without a doubt over 18. And finally, yesterday I ran into Walmart really fast to get some Infant Tylenol Cold and Cough for Addie (Ella is finally symptom free and Addie is close - yeah!) and I was asked yet again, "Are you over 18?" On the plus side, I must look somewhat convincing because I have yet to be asked to prove it by showing ID!

1 comment:

Ben, Sarah & Eli said...

funny!! i get comments like that too. sometimes it's comical, other times just annoying. and don't think I'm weird - but I'm doing content for a pediatrician's newsletter and one of the topics is on the latest warning from the FDA on giving young children cough and cold medicine (and since you're my friend I thought I should tell you) - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21034121/wid/11915773?GT1=10412 is an article on it.