Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tagged.....

I was tagged by Janessa, so here it goes. This was a harder one because there are not any questions to answer - I had to think of things on my own!

1. I love to eat. Food just tastes so good, how could you not? Thankfully I have a good metabolism :-)! I especially love chips - they are my snack of choice. My favorites are Baked Lays Sour Cream and Cheddar and I like to eat them with string cheese. I would choose chips or leftovers or something salty and starchy over a sweet any day (not to say I don't enjoy sweets though). Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I often have strange things like ricecake pizzas, soup, leftovers, etc. Poor Ella thinks it is completely normal to request potato soup for breakfast.

2. I can be anti-social. I definitely enjoy getting together with friends, but in most cases I am completely content to just stay at home and do my own thing. I take the girls to library time for example and unless someone I already know is there we leave right when it is done to go get our books - I'm not a stay and meet new friends kinda girl anymore. I really feel like I don't have time for the friends I already have most the time. I haven't always been that way, maybe Mike has rubbed off on me :-). I like going to church social events and I value greatly the friendships I do have, but if someone gave me the choice of going out with a group of couples to dinner or getting fast food and eating at home with Mike and the girls, I would almost always choose the latter.

3. I am addicted to reality TV. I guess I'm addicted to TV period - especially since having a DVR and I can watch what I want to, when I want to. I have only recently started to add non-reality shows back to my line-up (Lost, The Office, Brothers and Sisters, 24). My favorite, and probably most embarrassing addiction is MTV's "The Hills." I know it is not aimed at my age group, but I LOVE it :-)!

4. I have Celiac disease. So, most of you probably know this one. By definition "the disease affects the digestive process of the small intestine and is triggered by the consumption of gluten--a protein found in wheat, barley and rye. Celiac Disease causes an abnormal response to gluten ingestion: the immune system attacks the small intestine, inhibiting the absorption of important nutrients, destroying the intestinal villi and reeking havoc on the bodies systems." I have been diagnosed since I was 2 years old, so to me it is just how life is. I do cheat sometimes and try little tastes of things, but I try to be good about it. Some things I don't like that I have tried: pizza, root beer, sandwiches on bread, flour tortillas. Some things I do: pasta in creamy sauces, muffins, bagels.

5. I am so thankful to live in warm weather. While I was at BYU one thing I knew for sure is that I wanted to live somewhere warm, anywhere warm! Although I moved around a lot and lived in cold places like upstate New York and Chicago, I have always preferred being hot to being cold. Just last week when it got "cold" here in Houston (lows in the 50's) I told Mike I was ready for summer again. I love it during the day, but in the mornings when getting out of the shower feels COLD, I hate it!

6. I had a childhood obsession with getting a cast. I think it all started when I was in 1st or 2nd grade and a boy in my class broke his leg. First he was in a wheel chair and then on crutches and I thought it was so cool. Everyone wanted to sign his cast and using crutches looked really fun. I would swing really high and jump off, intending to land on my leg and break it. Of course, I never did, I would catch myself the correct way. When I became competitive in sports in high school I was really thankful I had never broken any bones because I saw how easily they could be reinjured. My only injury, stitches to my forehead when I was 2 - pretty boring :-).

7. I have 6 fake teeth. I have small teeth on the top. It's genetic...my mom has them, my uncle has them and my grandma has them. I was the only one in my family to get them though, and personally I think Ella has them, although hers are baby teeth and supposed to be small so we'll see :-). I had braces for a little while in 7th grade (which I was really excited about), but the teeth just separated again when I got them off - there is just not enough teeth for the space in my mouth. I also have slow teeth and still had a baby tooth in college. So, in the last 4 months before my wedding I had my baby tooth pulled, braces put on to pull down my permanent tooth, my wisdom teeth out and 6 veneers put on my top middle teeth. It was insane and painful and I couldn't eat, which was both positive (I lost weight for the wedding) and negative (I COULDN'T EAT! I cried at the dentist and my dress fittings more than once about how hungry I was) but in the end my smile looked great for my wedding pictures :-)! The things we do to be beautiful.


Here are the people I tag:
1. Chrissy
2. Brooke
3. Mckell
4. Sarah S
5. Sara E
6. Allie
7. Leighanna

The directions: Include a l
ink to your tagger (like I did with Janessa) and post these rules on your blog:
1-Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird
2-Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs
3- Let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog

1 comment:

Leighanna said...

Marci-

We have some things in common!!! I am also sort of ant-social, although I have tried to break out of it since moving to Texas - and I watch "The Hills" too... What is it about that show that is so interesting?