Friday, November 2, 2007

9 months old!

I can't believe Addie is 9 months old already! She had her doctor's appointment yesterday and is still on the small end of the charts with her weight (I don't think it helped she had the flu 3 days before though). She weighed 16lbs. 6oz. (10th percentile) and is 27 3/4" long (50th). She is crawling and cruising along furniture everywhere now - which the doctor said probably contributed to her lower weight. Little Adeline still has white hair (which is now long enough in the back to get messed up a little bit sometimes!) and blue, blue eyes. She is THE happiest and easiest baby ever - she smiles at everyone. I think it is a little game to her - if we are all sitting somewhere she will look at someone and smile until they look at her and then she'll do a big, crinkle-nose smile...She as brightened many days I'm sure :-). She will attempt to stand alone for a few seconds but quickly sits down or lunges for something to hold on to. She continues to be very independent and active. She will not let me read her a story still, which drives me crazy because I want her to love books as much as Ella (who at this age would let me read them to her), so I just let her do her own thing. Her favorite snacks are Gerber's Lil Crunchies (in all 3 flavors), bananas and strawberries. I think she is about done with baby food - she just wants whatever I am eating and is really not loving her baby food dinners anymore. I can't believe we have 2 children! Ella and Addie love each other so much, it's really cute to watch them together. I told Ella recently that someday Addie would be big like her and they could play kitchen and dolls together, which she thought was really cool :-)! I'm so excited for the holiday season with them!

2 comments:

Ben, Sarah & Eli said...

I can't believe she is already 9 months! Time just flies. I love her pretty blue eyes. I wish Eli was that light - yesterday I weighed him and he was 18 lbs!! No wonder my back hurts from carrying him around everywhere... :) How much did Addie weigh at 5 months?

michelecabiness said...

Those legs are sooo skinny!! But then again my baby is quite chunky so maybe that's just what I am used to:)