Sunday, January 20, 2008

I am FREEZING!!!

So, I came upstairs to put up a post about how cold it has been (and how I am sick of it) and then I read my friend Sarah's post from today in Chicago and I don't feel quite so cold anymore :-)! (which by the way is why I always say that Chicago is my favorite city but I would NEVER live there - it is too cold!)
For Houston though it has been really cold for awhile and I'm definitely ready for my 70 degree weather to return! This morning we even had frost! Yes, frost! It is THAT cold here :-)! Mike braved our low temperatures (30s) to take some pictures of the big event. If you look closely you'll see the frost.

It is supposed to stay pretty chilly all this week with highs in the low 60s and high 50s. I'm trying to enjoy it and stay positive because I know soon enough it will be HOT for months, but I'm having a hard time - I would much rather be hot! Apparently my combined nearly 12 years of living in the cold (New York, Chicago and Utah) did nothing to build up my resistance to low temperatures....what can you do?

On to other news...I got a new calling today at church working in the nursery with the 18 month-3 year olds. The bad news is with church now not starting until 2pm it's not an ideal time for toddlers and by the time we got home I just wanted some peace and quite :-)! The good news is that Addie is definitely getting to the wiggly, talkative stage that makes church difficult (and exhausting for me) and now she can just play with all the "big" kids. Today she LOVED it. She played with toys, ate animal crackers at snack time and especially enjoyed the music teacher that came in. When we first went into the play area she gave me this look like, "Look at all these toys!!! Why have I been going to your boring class all this time?"

2 comments:

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

Oh, I'm so glad you're in nursery...Kylee will just love you! I'm sure it's exhausting though. You're deffinately from Texas...I'd much rather be cold and put on a coat or blanket than hot and misserable! But I've lived in Utah, northern California, Colorado, and Minnisota most of my life. :)

Ben, Sarah & Eli said...

You are so funny! 30s is definitely cold if you're used to much warmer temps. Today it got up to 19 degrees and it almost felt balmy - I didn't have a scarf covering my face :)

I feel for you with the 2:00 church time... I've been in the primary pres. for a few years now and the afternoon time is so hard with those little kids. Nursery especially gets pretty nuts. Good luck with that!!