Friday, January 25, 2008

Perfect Timing

Well, just in time for Addie's big birthday weekend she developed a huge, bright red rash on her face! Perfect :-)!

Thursday morning when I got her out of her crib I noticed a little red mark on her cheek but didn't think anything of it. Her skin is sensitive so I figured she had been sleeping on her pacifier and we headed off for the gym. Well, it never went away and slowly got bigger. I was hoping this morning it would be gone but instead it was huge and dark, had spread to the other side and she had little red bumps all over her legs and ear lobes. So instead of going to my favorite class of the week (kick boxing), we headed out for the doctor's office. The doctor said it looked like a viral rash and that most rashes get worse for 3 days before getting better - great :-)! The good news is Addie feels fine, is eating normally and sleeping normally. The bad news of course is we are having a family birthday party Sunday and her little "friend" lunch Monday and we'll be taking lots of pictures to document the occasion. Here's hoping for the best! (oh, and she's not contagious for those of you coming :-)

(And by the way...when I pulled up to the pediatrician's office this morning there was a mother outside holding her baby (around 18 mos)and smoking! It made me furious! I feel like I am pretty tolerant and accepting of most parenting decisions others make. It may not be what I would do, but I think we all do what we think is best for our kids and what works for our families. There are 3 things however that get me fired up... 1. Parents who smoke (I don't care if you try and do it away from your kids - it doesn't work! And definitely don't hold them and smoke at the same time!) 2. Children not buckled in moving cars and 3. Not getting your kids vaccinated. I feel like all 3 of these decisions negatively affect helpless children who do not have the ability to protect themselves. I'll get off my soapbox now.)

2 comments:

Jeremy & Allie said...

I'll agree with you on all three of those. The other day I saw a woman strap her baby (7-9 months) old in the front seat. Not car seat, just the huge adult lap belt we all use on the passenger side. I even got her license plate number because I wanted to report her but I was talked out of it.

Heber and Chalonn said...

I had to write and tell ya Marci that I totally agree....There is ZERO tolerance for smoking anywhere near precious children...BTW-the red cheeks just look like she's been playing too hard...so cute!