Friday, February 8, 2008

Ella's Makeover

Well, Ella would not do well on America's Next Top Model's makeover day. She would definitely be one of the girls in hysterics as her hair was being cut. This afternoon I decided she was about due for a trim (her last one was in June I think and although her hair is slowly getting thicker, at this point it starts to look scraggly when it gets long). She wasn't thrilled...she is at a stage where she wants to be JUST like me (for example if I am wearing my slippers around the house she goes and gets hers, if I have on pants then she wants pants on, so naturally she wants long blonde hair also)...but she was cooperative and sat very still while I cut it. When I finished she thought her pile of hair was pretty cool, but then got a little weird when I said we were going to leave her hair outside (I told her the birds can make nests with it and she quickly grabbed it all, ran inside and put it in the trash can?!) - who knows. She was definitely in high spirits though when all was said and done. I took these pictures right after and then we played outside a little longer as I went on and on about how beautiful and big she looked. When we went inside I said, "Oh, Ella, you haven't even seen your hair yet! Go look in the mirror!" The next thing I know she is crying hysterically :-(. After some cuddles and a lot of reassurance that it will grow long again and looks so beautiful now (not to mention Dora, Strawberry Shortcake, and Madeline all have short hair!), I think we are in the clear....and doesn't she look grown up?!

Any guesses what Addie did to entertain herself while I was busy :-)? Well, a little dirt and leaves never killed anyone, right?
I have some pictures from the park yesterday to post too, but I'll probably do those tomorrow.

3 comments:

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

Wow, you did a great job! It looks cute. Annie would freak out if I cute hers right now. She says princesses have long hair, mom and I'm a princess!

Sarah S said...

cute cut! it totally looks professional. ella looks really cute with short hair.

Heber and Chalonn said...

If you couldn't already tell from London, I love short cuts on little girls. Makes it seem a lot thicker too..she is really beautiful!!!