Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Genius Computer

So, last night I decided to see what would happen if I just plugged my camera into our computer and turned it on...and it totally figured out a program that would accept the pictures and uploaded them immediately! I don't know a lot about computers so maybe they all do this, but I was quite impressed! Here are some pictures from Sunday...

The girls with their church backpacks. My parents gave Ella hers on her 2nd birthday and it soon became her church bag. She LOVES wearing it in and it is a perfect size for her little activities. When I started trying to think of something to give Addie for her birthday I was having a hard time. It had just been Christmas and she didn't really need anything else (I even wrapped some sippy cups she needed so she'd have presents to open :-) and then I thought of the backpack. My mom helped me find some websites that sold them and Embroidery and More was by far the best deal (they were also very helpful in emailing me Addie's names in a few different fonts so I could make a good choice, etc.), so check them out if you are interested - there are a lot of styles to choose from.
And here are a few from our day yesterday...



2 comments:

Sarah S said...

I actually dislike the software that comes with most cameras, and think it's easier to plug the camera in, then go to My Computer, find the drive for the camera, right click, choose Explore, then open DCIM, and then copy and paste the pictures from there into your pictures folder on the computer.

I'm glad your computer had some way of getting the pictures without you having to install something new though! You'll have to try the other way now too and see what you prefer :)

Liz L said...

I had this very same experience - when our computer blew up and we got our new one I thought to myself, "surely this computer won't know what to do with my pictures unless I have software!" Boy was I wrong - think of all the time I wasted waiting for software! I wish I was the genius.