Thursday, February 7, 2008

I Fell in Love

Earlier this week I decided to stop by the regular Gymboree (I work at the outlet) to see what their Easter dresses looked like. I was hoping I wouldn't like any of them so then I would feel better about the ones our store got, but as I pulled up in front their doors were open and this dress was hanging front and center. I think I actually gasped when I saw it - it was love at first sight! I went in to admire it up close and then began hatching a plan to help me justify their purchase. Mike's sister Brittany is getting married at the end of May and I immediately called her to see what her colors were going to be...if the girls could wear them for two major occasions we would definitely get our money's worth. Well, I quickly realized my original plan was probably not going to work but I could not stop thinking about the dresses. I really don't splurge all that often and pride myself in being a bargain shopper (like buying the dresses the girls wore for Christmas this year when they were on clearance after Christmas the year before...when Addie wasn't even born yet), but when you fall in love, what can you do :-)? I went back yesterday to buy the dresses and have been smiling to myself since. I figure if the wedding plan doesn't work out for any of our 3 sisters that could have possible marriages in the near future, I'll try and get some good pictures of the girls in them (I have been daydreaming about this photo shoot also). I love, love, love them :-)!

8 comments:

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

Adorable!

michele cabiness said...

I love, love, love those dresses too! I have actually been waiting for silk to go on sale at the fabric store so I can try and recreate my own version of those.(Nick would murder me if I bought them)I'm sure mine won't be as cute so I'll have to live vicariously through your photos!!

Sarah S said...

SO SO cute!! I think I would have splurged too, especially with an employee discount... :) you'll have to post lots of pictures when the girls are wearing these!

McKell and John said...

Your purchase is completely justified! I would have bought them too. They are to die for!

The Chrissy Herself said...

YAY! you bought them! good for you, marci! you rarely do this kind of stuff for yourself (and it's not even really FOR you!) :) I can't wait to see the girls!

Liz L said...

For some strange reason my computer isn't showing the picture of your dresses - but after your description, and all the comments they're getting, I am now DYING to see them for myself! (Maybe its because I'm downloading my own pics at the same time?) I'll try again later - I must see these dresses!

Stephanie said...

Hey - we have the same one, which makes me feel so good because you have the BEST taste for your girls and it makes me happy Ashley will have something as cute as them. (Minus the bow on her head that I'm sure your girls will have)

Liz L said...

I love the pink-brown combo in general - and on the dresses, its darling! Very cute - can't wait to see them on the girls!