Saturday, February 16, 2008

Pepper Plant Day 1...and some GREAT news!

Well, it's actually been almost a week since I took these pictures, but they were taken on Day 1. When I was in the checkout line at the grocery store recently I saw these little kits. Since it was the same price as the one red pepper I was buying I thought we'd give it a try. Hopefully we'll get some red ones! (We've had bad luck growing veggies in Houston thus far so we'll see)


And onto the GREAT news...Ella is officially done potty training! Nearly 1 year after she has been wearing panties with no accidents she would still not poop on the potty. It was especially frustrating because every now and then she would go a couple times in a row (and we we would think she had it down), only to decide she didn't want to do it anymore. It was a total control thing I think because she was definitely capable of doing it. We tried rewards, not talking about it, talking about it, making her keep her dirty diaper on for a little while, putting marbles in her jar, taking them out, anything we could think of and nothing was working. Well, this week Ella FINALLY decided it was time - hallelujah! I read in Parents magazine to have them at least go into the bathroom to do it and she started doing that so I think it at least helped. It is very exciting for Mike and I :-)! After she started going she told me, "I am so proud of myself!" We are proud of her too!

No comments: