Sunday, March 2, 2008

Even Younger Still

I think my life must be taking cues from Lost....I must be traveling back in time, thereby getting younger each day. I have written previously about the mysterious perception people have of my age and I had yet another encounter this week, putting me clear back into high school.
This picture was taken almost exactly 10 years ago when I was a junior in high school.
I really don't look much different I suppose, although I would like to believe my face looks more mature (although I came to my parents' house to scan these pictures and Scott looked at this photo and said, "You look the same!"...so maybe not).
On my Valentine's date this year.
Friday morning I was driving with the girls to visit my friend Sheree. I noticed a cop early on in my drive and as result had been driving perfectly of course :-)....complete stops, driving the exact speed limit, using my blinkers, etc. Well, the cop was behind me for a while, pulled up next to us at a stop light and then got behind me again. I am a little concerned at this point... "Why did he get behind me? Maybe he's turning soon?" and then a moment later his lights came on...so I start to get a little stressed "He's pulling me over?!?! What the heck?!" I pull over with my heart beating quickly, but as I wait for him to approach the window I start to relax because I can't think of a single thing I could have done wrong...so maybe, a tail light is out? He walks up in a very official manner, "We are pulling over school-aged drivers today mam, how old are you?" Now I am finding this hysterical and thoroughly enjoy answering, "Actually, I'm almost 27!" The officer was definitely a little embarrassed - especially when he saw Ella and Addie in the back seat (our windows are heavily tinted in back so he probably hadn't been able to see in before). "Well, just consider this a compliment then. If I could just see your license really quick you can be on your way." So he took down my info, I told him he nearly gave me a heart attack and as I drove away my next immediate thought was what a great story I now have to share :-)!
Also my junior year with little sister Kayley.
So, it has made for a good story and I had fun scaring Mike a little when he called later that afternoon - just telling him I had been pulled over and then pausing before telling him the rest of the story :-). I will definitely take it as a compliment though and will keep my fingers crossed that people will always think I look 10 years younger than I really am!

3 comments:

Sarah S said...

Funny!! I love seeing that picture of you in your Warren gear :)

There are definite perks to looking younger, but sometimes such a hassle too - at Ben's 10-year h.s. reunion last year I was carded and we had to leave after 11 p.m. because of the place's rule w/ serving alcohol late at night (I hadn't even thought to bring my license/purse with me - hello, we were at my husband's 10-year reunion!! I hope people wouldn't bring someone who was under 21...)

Stephanie said...

That is such a funny story, nice to know you are aging nicely.

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

You do age nicely. I do think you look more mature now though, but that's a good thing. I get that sometimes too, but now that my face and stress are giving me a lot of lines I'm sure I won't get it much anymore!