Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Panda Whispers and Ella's 1st Lie

We stopped by the library this afternoon after Ella's dance class. Ella was playing a game on the computer (they have a preschool computer section and an elementary-age section too...each with age appropriate learning games on them - Ella thinks it is THE coolest place ever!) and while Addie explored she pulled this book (Panda Whispers by Mary Beth Owens) off a shelf. We sat down to read it and it is a really, really cute book with a sweet little message. Addie knows how to pick them :-) - check it out!

I also caught Ella in a lie tonight - I'm hoping it is her first because otherwise she totally got away with it :-). It wasn't anything major...I told her to go potty and get her pajamas on and when I went into her room to help her she already had her jammies on and told me she had gone potty - which I knew she hadn't. I said, "Are you sure you went potty already?" and she looked me straight in the eye and told me she had. But then when I said, "Ella, I don't think you did yet." She went straight into the bathroom. I think she just thought she'd give it a try and see if I would fall for it. She typically will tell me anything - even when she hasn't eaten a bite of something she doesn't like yet (I make her try one bite of everything) she won't pretend she has...I'll have to watch for that in the future I guess :-).

1 comment:

Heber and Chalonn said...

We have had a few of those little not sure if they're lying or not with Mckay..he's pretty good, but I think he still tests the waters...ughhh!