Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Rest of Our Week

We have had a busy week getting back on track after vacation...and it's my turn to teach Ella's Joy School group again for the next 3 weeks. I didn't realize when I picked this unit it fell right at Spring Break time - I just saw that this unit was called "Individual Confidence and Uniqueness" and knew I wanted to teach it. One thing I hope I am able to instill in my girls is to not only appreciate what makes them unique, but others as well, and to realize that it is the differences in all of us that make our world so wonderful.This week we talked about how we all look different and have different names and that is part of what makes us unique (and discussed how none of them are better to have (brown vs. blue eyes, etc.) they just make us special). We colored self portraits, made life-size cutouts to paint, and focused a lot on their names.
One of Ella's Joy School friends, Lauren, stayed at our house Thursday afternoon while her mom was gone and the girls were dressed as princesses all afternoon. She came along with us to the splash park where Andrew brought cupcakes to share for his birthday...



Addie has really not been into "sister" pictures lately you may have noticed :-), but when they are matching I HAVE to get one, although this is definitely the worst one yet!The next morning, a little exploring proved profitable with the discovery of the toilet paper roll - loads of fun!She already knows what to do with my makeup......almost...
Addie was trying to put Ella's crown on her head for her and I just thought it was cute.
Andrew's birthday party was Saturday - Ella was sooo excited all week for it. It has been fun now that she is older because she really cares about what she gives her friends. For Johnny's party a few weeks ago she told me the instant we got the invitation that she wanted to get him a dinosaur :-).
With her 2 favorite boys, Johnny...
and birthday boy Andrew...

Addie's diaper was definitely full this morning when I went in to get her out of bed. She is still sleeping in until 8:30am since our trip, which in so many ways is great, but I need to start heading back to the gym this week and I need her up in time to eat and get ready for the 8:30 class so we'll see - I hate waking her up, so I end up not going.
And lastly, some videos:
Addie putting on a bracelet, which I just thought was cute:

Her improved walking skills (and so kind to clean up along the way too!):

And saying tree (listen closely at the begninning), this is one of my favorite ages because they are suddenly starting to understand how the world works and learning new things constantly:

3 comments:

Sara Jean said...

So adorable! Marci, I can't get over how cute your girls are. How old is Addie, now? She's doing awesome with walking and talking, I'm so impressed!

Marci said...

She just turned 14 months on Saturday...she really just started walking well the past couple weeks though.

Sarah S said...

that splash park looks so fun! i love the joy school activities and the picture of addie protesting the sisters picture :)