Sunday, April 6, 2008

Some Music to Share

In my past life I was a music addict who spent ALL my money on CDs and concert tickets. I love how listening to a song can take you back to an entirely different place - you feel all the emotions and memories associated with that particular time flood over you - there is nothing else quite like it. Sometimes I feel sad that I am so out of the music loop and don't get to discover cool new musicians anymore, but rocking out to the Aladdin soundtrack in the car with Ella has its perks too :-).

This is a mix CD I made for my mom as part of her birthday present and I have been meaning to post the playlist but never got around to it...until this child-less night, which would probably be better spent sleeping, but oh well:
1. Elodie - David Mead
2. If I Could Give All My Love - Counting Crows
3. Happy Endings - Better Than Ezra (this is the best I could find of this one online)
4. Amazing - Josh Kelley
5. Fell In Love with a Boy - Joss Stone
6. In My Place - Coldplay
7. The Heart of Life - John Mayer
8. Figure of Eight - David Mead (also hard to find online)
9. Heaven's Already Here - Collective Soul
10. Who Needs Sleep? - Barenaked Ladies
11. Sunday Morning - Maroon 5
12. We Danced Anyway - Deana Carter
13. No Stopping Us - Jason Mraz
14. Last Beautiful Girl - Matchbox 20
15. Follow You - Josh Kelley (and again here)
16. Two of Us - Aimee Mann and Michael Penn cover Beatles
17. Stay (Wasting Time) - Dave Matthews Band
18. More Than Love - Los Lonely Boys
19. Alison Road - Gin Blossoms
20. Careful - Guster

And since I'm awake and in a music mood now, here is the playlist from the CD I made Mike when we were dating and I was leaving for my semester in Uganda (keep in mind we were not super serious yet so I was trying not to make it too lovey-dovey but also show I really liked him - man I'm glad I don't have to analyze everything like that anymore!).

1. Cracklin' Rose - Neil Diamond (you can read my past post on Neil - and can I just say, what a stud in this 70's video!)
2. What you Wish For - Guster
3. Trouble - Coldplay
4. Until I Fall Away - Gin Blossoms
5. When You Wake up Feeling Old - Wilco
6. My Madonna - Dexter Freebish
7. Thank You - Dido
8. Waltz #2 (XO) - Elliott Smith (Sarah may have set Mike and I up on our blind date, but our first real connection came when we realized we both loved this not so well known musician. If Ella had been a boy she would have been Elliott as a result, not to mention it is a cute name. Mike and I actually were able to see the last concert he gave before committing suicide in 2003. And here is his song Sweet Adeline)
9. Bouncing Round the Room - Phish
10. Blackbird - Beatles
11. Love Soon - John Mayer
12. Song That Jane Likes - Dave Matthews Band
13. The World I Know - Collective Soul
14. White Boy is Back - Everlast (this one was a joke)
15. Secret Smile - Semisonic
16. Sullivan Street - Counting Crows
17. Buddy Holly - Weezer
18. Cling and Clatter - Lifehouse
19. In the Lord's Arms - Ben Harper (I couldn't find a site to listen to this one)
20. This Year's Love - David Gray
21. Say Yes - Elliott Smith (I chose this video because there is a lot of dialogue with Elliott at the end of it, but this one is from that last show of his we were at)
22. Walk on the Ocean - Toad the Wet Sprocket

No comments: