Monday, April 21, 2008

Thank You!

This morning as I was getting the girls dressed for our morning of errands Addie gave me a big hug (a real one, holding me with her little arms) and for a LONG time too (long enough for Ella to get the camera off the desk, give it to me to turn on, and then take this picture - and I must say I was quite impressed that she got us both in it!). It felt so nice! As I've said before Addie is NOT cuddly...at all...so this was such a nice treat! I thought she might be changing her ways, but once she was done with the hug and I was trying to get her shirt on she wanted nothing to do with me of course. I'm glad we captured this rare moment, if only I'd been looking a little cuter :-)!Addie on the table again today - I'm hoping she'll get bored of this new trick quickly!
When Addie's signing show (Signing Time is the series we LOVE!) starts she gets so excited and will sign baby as they sing...of course by the time I ran upstairs to get the camera and started the disc over to try to capture it she didn't do it, but you can see how she gets so excited at the beginning still (and you can admire Ella's beautiful outfit she picked all by herself):
and Addie signing book:
Over the past week she has surprised me with random little signs that I didn't know she could do. This is one; mouse and cracker were some others. It's always nice when they have these growth spurts of genius that make you feel like they really do pay attention when you show them things :-).

6 comments:

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

I heard signing time was having auditions because my friend's daughter got a part...maybe theyr'e still holding them!

The Nixon Family said...

Ok, you have taught your daughter well. When you fall down, you always get back up. that was so cute to see...

Sarah S said...

I love cuddly moments like that! Eli isn't the must cuddly child, so I get SO excited when he does hug me for longer than 2 seconds.

michele cabiness said...

Which sign video do you use? The one I have is for adults but I bet Elsie would like one she could interact with.

Marci said...

I'll have to add that info to the post! But we LOVE Signing Time (www.signingtime.com)

Janna said...

Marci - Your little girls are so dang sweet. I love checking in and seeing your updates. I don't think the Cook's have a blog. It was good to see them. Ben is working in the Law department at Harvard and Lora is running an Aupair program with Universities throughout the U.S. Crazy. Anyway, it was good to get caught up. We need a reunion. :) Hope all is well.