Friday, May 2, 2008

15 months!

Yesterday Adeline had her 15 month check-up. She is getting so big and is so much fun right now. She tries to keep up with everything Ella does and is definitely strong-willed! I don't know how much of it is just her personality and how much is due to being a second child and having to fend for herself since birth, but she keeps us laughing. I love watching her begin to make sense of our world and make friends with strangers everywhere we go (although it means I also have to be friendly :-).
Addie grew much taller, but not much fatter...although she seems to eat all day :-). Here's her stats: Height: 31" (right under 75th percentile); Weight: 21.5 lbs. (25-50th percentile); Head: 18 1/4" (50-75th). Her regular doctor was out of the office due to a family emergency and the doctor we met with told me something I had never heard about children's height. She said that you can predict their ultimate height by doubling how tall they are at 2 years old. Well, we of course had to give it a try. I looked up Ella's height at her 2 year check up and according to this method she'll be 5'8" - the height I always wanted to be but never quite reached (I'm 5'7"). So, we'll see how accurate it is. If anyone knows how tall they were at 2 years, double it and let me know if it was about right - I'm really curious!
(Addie had no idea this sticker was on her head. We were kind enough to take it off and later she stuck it on Jace's back)
Anyway, our doctor is in Sugarland still (I love her and have not yet been able to part with her to find someone closer) and 4 shots later we were ready to go have some fun at Allie's house. We had such a good time talking that I forgot to get a good picture of Addie and Jace playing...just getting the dog's water (don't worry it was clean).
After nap time/rest time the girls had a snack and we spent the afternoon at the library...
Addie loves to yell "mama" to me over and over and copy everything we say. Addie was totally laughing at Ella, until I got my camera, but I still found her pretty funny.(We heard a commotion outside and there were 3 little birds fighting over a worm. It was pretty funny (this picture was taken through the window and screen so it's not great)

2 comments:

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

OK, My little Kylee only weighs 2 more pounds than Adi. I have heard that about the height thing. I just figure since we're both short my kids are destined to be short as well. :)

Stephanie said...

My mom told me our pediatrition told her the same thing when we were young and that all three of us ended up very close to that prediction, I'm excited to see what everyone is at 2 yrs.

Ashley's appointment is in a few weeks, I'll be sure to let you know if she beats Adi on all the stats! :)