Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mommies ARE Magic!

Addie is definitely a more adventurous little thing than Ella was at this age. She nearly kept up with the big kids at the park this afternoon...except when it came to walking down the slightly sloping bridge, that was WAY too scary!Today at Ella's library storytime the theme was Mothers, since it is after all Mother's Day on Sunday. The first book read was My Mommy is MAGIC and I LOVE it! It is just a cute, simple little story about the reasons why a little girl thinks her mom is magic (she can kiss owies all better) and how when she grows up she is going to magic too. So sweet!
We recently added a couple "prizes" to Ella's marble jar stash, and she has been working hard to earn these dress-up gloves! It has been a long road (last evening she only had 1 more marble to earn but then had a rough night and had to put a few back), but today she was determined to be sweet and helpful. Finally, she got to try on the gloves and was sooo excited!
I told her I wanted to take a picture of her in her new gloves and she hurried to put on her Cinderella dress, because these are of course Cinderella gloves (silly me!). For the last picture I told her to do whatever she wanted and this was it...can you tell she's excited?!

4 comments:

Pineapple Hill said...

That is the cutest picture ever!!!!

Sarah S said...

cute girls! it's fun hearing how they are different. those gloves are great!

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

What a good idea to use marbles! I'll have to try that. I've tried everything in the book and they all seem to fade away.

Stephanie said...

What cute girls, and a great little story for them to hear about moms. I wish I was as good as you about going to the library.