Saturday, May 24, 2008

Good News and Bad News

The Good News...
We are in San Antonio and Brittany and Ili are married....hooray! The ceremony was wonderful (luckily after forgetting our recommends Mike and I were able to get things sorted out so we could be there)! The reception was beautiful! Mike's mom did an amazing job - it looked like it had been professionally done! Brittany looked gorgeous in her dress (that picture is from her bridal shots)...Ella thought she was a princess :-)! We are so happy for Brittany and Ili - they make a perfect couple and we are thrilled...and excited that our girls may have cousins soon...hint, hint :-). Brittany Freeman is now officially Brittany Yuan!
The Bad News...
You may be wondering, where are the pictures of this spectacular occasion? Well, we encountered some technical difficulties. Mike took pictures outside the temple this afternoon (and was really excited about some of the shots that he got by the way!). He had just started taking some at the reception when our memory card malfunctioned. Now it just keeps telling us we need to reformat it - which will erase all those pictures! He has a tried a few things to retrieve them, including putting the card in Chrissy's camera to transfer them to the computer. They have all failed (the computer told us there are no pictures to be uploaded). So I am sad that not only have we lost all those pictures unless we figure something out (we haven't reformatted it hoping someone will be able to help us when we get home), but we are going to have to buy a new card also.
**Camera tip...while Mike was reading online about memory cards to figure out a way to save the pictures he found some good info for all you digital camera users. Each time you delete pictures from your camera, you are supposed to reformat the memory card. I delete my pictures each day after I upload them and have never reformatted...who knew...so that may have caused this most untimely malfunction. Learn from our mistake :-)!**
There was of course a photographer also taking pictures so I will put some of those up when we get them. After 6 years we are no longer the only married ones in the family - wooo hooo! Congrats Brili :-)!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Call me. Jeff has recovered pictures before on a digital camera. He says it's do-able unless the memory card is damaged.

McKell and John said...

Bummer! Thos pics of addie are so cute though! And I laughed so hard when my father in law told me he had to help out a couple in San Antonio from the Katy Second ward, MIKE AND MARCI!! I SO would do something like that too! I'm just glad you made it! And you looked great. Hope the shoes worked for ya!

Marci said...

The shoes were perfect and actually looked just like Chrissy's! I was such a spaz with the recommends - I was so worried about forgetting part of one of our outfits that it never even crossed my mind to bring them...until we were 20 minutes from San Antonio!