Friday, May 16, 2008

Pacifier Progress

So far, so good on Addie's farewell to her pacifier. She fussed a little bit that first night, but eventually fell asleep without getting too mad and stayed asleep all night. Luckily naptime and bedtime yesterday went well too, so I think we are in the clear! She does still seem to wonder where it is when I first put her in her crib and she has been waking up earlier in the morning. I still feel bad about taking it away when she has been so sweet, but I know it will be easier to take care of it now rather than later on when she is even more attached.

In other attachment news, Ella's beloved blankie is now nearly just threads. My Grandma made a little quilt for her when she was born and that is what she picked as her sleeping companion. My mom has been mending it over the last couple years, but it is getting to the point where I don't think there is much else that can be done to keep it together. The other day Ella mentioned to me that Nana needed to fix her blankie again and I told her I didn't know if she would be able to so we might need to start looking for a new blankie. She said, "But I love my blankie! Nana is good at fixing things...she can do it!" We'll see what she can manage :-).

No comments: