Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Last 2 Days...

Sunday morning we went to Sacrament meeting at a local chapel. The bishop was speaking and said he was going to be talking about friendship...how perfect :-)...but his talk ended up really not having to do with friendship much at all, oh well. It was a beautiful day, with the sun out in full force, so we decided to walk down to the beach again.

I knew the beach was going to be cold on this trip, but it was REALLY cold because it was so windy down there away from all the trees and hills. Liz, who I shared a room with in our beautiful Park Place apartment, and I tried sitting down on the warm sand, but we didn't last long before walking back up to the house.


Sitting on the deck blocked by the house and the garage was much more conducive for talking! Eventually we moved it inside where Sara brought out the game Bohnanza. If you recall she is a plant expert and as she started explaining this game about trading different kinds of beans and harvesting them to earn coins I was sure it was not going to be a game for me. Let me just say that after one round we were all hooked and ended up playing it way later than we should have considering we had to get up Early the next morning to head on out. I'm definitely buying it!


Liz took this video of Sara and Caroline with their guitars and I'm so glad she caught this moment. We constantly had music filling our apartment and it was so fun to hear them playing around again :-)!
And ready to head out for the train station and the airport :-(. I was a little nervous before leaving for the trip that I may not have a lot to talk to these girls about. It had been 4 years since I had seen most of them and in many ways we are really different. However, I LOVED every minute of the trip! I loved that we were all able to talk for hours and hours and hours about anything and everything. I was truly sad to be leaving and not know when I'll get to see them all again. We are all different and we learn from each other because of that, but we are all the same in many ways too. I am so thankful that we all ended up thrown together at BYU! I love you girls :-)! (and we better not go this long before the next reunion!)

8 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad you had such a great trip. I love getting away from the daily routines of life.

Brittany said...

I love that you guys not only all got along so well as random freshman roommates, but still keep in touch! I only keep in touch with 2 of my apartment of 6.

Jamie said...

Bohnanza is our favorite game! We'll have you over to play it . . . oh wait we are moving!!!

dr_b_rock said...

the pictures are ALMOST as great as being there. I miss you guys!

Liz L said...

Amen to everything said - it was so fun to be with you again.

Lindsey said...

That looks so fun! I'm glad you guys had a good time. It's fun seeing pictures of Sara and Liz too! I haven't seen them in so long!

McKell and John said...

Soooooooo fun!!!

Eric, Janae, Kallie, & Sadie said...

It's so fun to see pictures of all you guys! At least you get together even if it's been four years, I'm impressed. It looks like you had fun, next time to talk to Sara and Liz tell them Hi from me!