Saturday, June 7, 2008

My Texas Garden

I have had no success as a gardener in Texas. I like to place the blame solely on the state because I did afterall have a fruitful experience in Provo. However, I am quite aware that there are more than likely gardens thriving all around grand old Texas, so maybe I am doing something wrong...but what?
Witness the current state of my plants:

I bought some spray that is supposed to keep bugs away and it obviously was a waste of $4.95. My little pepper plants are blooming and ready to start producing, but deep in my heart I know they are doomed for failure also.
So, any tips from you successful Texas gardeners would be appreciated!

2 comments:

Pineapple Hill said...

I sure hope somebody has some good tips for us new Texans!

Amy said...

I don't have any tips yet, but Jeff and I bought 2 Texas gardening books. You are more than welcome to take a look at them. Our tomatoes are doing great but are bell peppers are not. Maybe we can do it together next year We are planning to do square foot gardening. Have you heard of it? We'll see how it does here.