Tuesday, July 29, 2008

18 Months Old!!!

I was really hoping to get a FABULOUS picture of Adeline's cute little face to go with this post, but no such luck. These will have to suffice:

We made it in and out in record time at our doctor's appointment and Addie did not even have to get one shot - Hooray for her! (unfortunately for Ella it will be a different story for her in a couple weeks! we've heard turning 4 = a NOT fun check up)
Mike and I feel like Addie is SO big, and if you ever watched her eat a meal you would guess she weighed a ton, but we were proven wrong once again...
Weight: 23 lbs. (25-50th percentile)
Height: 33 1/4 in. (50-75th)
and OFC (head): 18 5/8 in. (50-75th)
I am really starting to wonder how much error there is in these measurements depending on which nurse you happen to get and how wriggly and mad your child is. Ella supposedly weighed 24 lb. 10oz. and was 33 1/4 in. - that is nearly 2 lbs. more than Addie?! I just don't see it. Maybe my memory decieves me though :-).
In any case, Addie is growing at a constant rate and that is what is important! She is also able to do the things expected of her at this age. As her mother I, of course, firmly believe she is exceptionally gifted and talented and definitely reaching into genius realms! I especially loved on her "18 months" sheet provided by her doctor (who we love and continue to drive nearly 25 min. to visit) that listed under behavior for this age is "Does NOT share well," we definitely have that covered :-)! I was telling Mike last night that Addie is so funny though because she tends to get REALLY mad at Ella when nothing is happening, and then when Ella actually does something to her that would justify such a reaction, she seems to care less. See picture below:
I strategically placed Addie next to Ella, not too close mind you, and Addie immediately walked away and turned around to yell at Ella...like it was her brilliant idea! (click the picture and enlarge it for full impact) Then apparently she decided maybe it would not be so bad after all and at least turned to give me a look :-).
We really do love our Addie girl though! She keeps us laughing non-stop...you never know what she will do next. It is so fun to be able to start actually communicating with her now and one of my favorite things she does is laugh when we figure out what she wants, "haha, I am GOOD, they totally understood me!" I'm sure is what she is thinking. She is an official member of the nursery at church now too, it is definitely bittersweet :-). I'm proud of her and love to watch her grow up, but it is also sad to think she's not our little baby anymore!

7 comments:

michele cabiness said...

I think that the picture of Addie sticking out her tongue IS fabulous! Hooray for 18 mo olds and hooray for little personalities! I love that Elsie is finding her own place in our family even if it does come with some yelling and screaming! I am feeling really good, as long as I remember to feed myself after feeding my kids. Only 3 more months!!

Annemarie said...

I also think you got darling pics of her...not hard, she is so cute!

Heber and Chalonn said...

isn't it so cute to see how they are come down with such different personalities....each needs to start coming with their own owners manual!

Allie said...

I love Addie's spunk! Those pictures are so cute. You are so good at blogging and remember everything.

Sarah S said...

Happy 18 months Addie! I think it's such a huge milestone, not just with going into nursery but all of the new things that they do and learn every day. She's cute, even when she's yelling at poor Ellla :)

Melissa said...

Both your girls are so cute.

Melissa said...

I forgot to say Happy 18 month birthday Addie!