Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day by Day

Yes, it's the name of my blog, but I don't have any good stories to share today... just a few pictures of some of our day to day happenings...
The Big Girl movie date :-). Grammy took Hope and Ella to see Wall-E yesterday. Ella LOVES her movie dates with Grammy and thought it was especially cool that Hope came this time too :-)!
Having Ella on her date meant some one-on-one time with Addie girl. She looked so cute I had to take her picture first, then we went upstairs to play. Addie gets so excited when she realizes it's just me and her in her room and that I'm totally focusing on playing with her.
She of course lifted up her shirt right when I took this one but this is her new face...the scowl...so I had to post it still. She likes to make it when people talk to her now instead of smiling - hopefully it's a passing phase :-).


Today Miss Natalie was painting faces at the gym - Ella was so excited to show me her butterfly and wanted me to take a picture to show Dad (this is why it pays to always carry my camera around :-)).We had a big play day with our ward afterwards and Ella had a blast playing with all the kids (and destroying Codi's house). Addie mostly wandered around trying to steal bites of cookies and brownies from people and I got to cuddle with baby Ian, such a treat. I really, really love our ward and after a not-so-great experience in our last one, I appreciate this one even more!

6 comments:

Codi said...

I found it online, but my favorite option is from "The Cutest Blog on the Block" website - it teaches you how to make your own background!
Thanx for coming today. It was way fun and you guys were too kind to clean up!

Stephanie said...

I love this entry and picturing Addie excited to have you all to herself. What a fun time for everyone. Also, did you get Addie's shorts at the Gap Outlet in Katy Mills? I got some there that remind me of those, but they will not stay up on Ashley. They seem bigger than the size, and I was wondering if yours were the same way.

Marci said...

Stephanie, They are from the Gap Outlet and they definitely run big. Addie's are a size 12-18 and although her diaper does a pretty good job keeping them up they start to slip. I got Ella a size 3 and hers literally fell to her ankles while we walked into the gym one morning. I put a safety pin in the waist of hers to make them a little tighter and it has done the trick so far.

Christina bambina said...

you have the cutest kids! I still can't get over how much Addie looks like you when you were little!

Kim said...

I saw WALL-E with my nephew and it is seriously one of THE CUTEST films ever... that includes interesting commentary about society.

Diane said...

that is such a pretty picture of your grandmother with the girls. how blessed they are to enjoy these special outings together.