Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ella Bella

Ella has been sooo talkative lately and very inquisitive as well (asking for detailed explanations about everything from where people go when they die, to why looking at the sun will hurt her eyes). It is crazy how quickly children turn in to real little people and I love having actual conversations with her, except when she uses her new conversational prowess to question why she can't do or have certain things (then I just want to yell, "because I said so!" but of course instead I do try and give a logical explanation and follow it with, "and you should just do what I say because I'm your mom!" :-)
Some of my recent favorites:
* Calling McDonald's "Old McDonald's" now, I don't know exactly what brought on this change!
* At night she gets to put a sticker on her calendar for that date when we read her scriptures. The other night I told her to put it on the 19, 1-9. We had missed a couple days and she just went over and put it on the next day in line and when I reminded her it was the 19th today she said, "Oh, I didn't know it was 1-9. It's kind of hard for little people!"
* When she says her prayers she says she is thankful for everything (instead of asking for blessings for things too). One night she said, "Thankful we'll be nice in the morning. Thankful we play nice with people and be best friends..."
* After attending a friend's birthday party over the weekend we started a serious discussion about her own party coming up (we have been settled on Princesses for the party theme for awhile now). I asked her if she wanted to have hot dogs or pizza at her party and she became very pensive, "Well, hot dogs and pizza are BOTH my favorite...(long, dramatic pause while seriously considering both options)...I guess just hot dogs."
* Also, on the subject of party planning, when I asked her if she wanted a pinata or not she looked at me like I was crazy and exclaimed, "Pinatas ARE a party thing!!!"
(Silly me :-)

4 comments:

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

I love the "growing up" stages. How cute! Annie and Ky say "Old Mc Donalds" too.

Christina bambina said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That is sooo cute! Our niece is growing quickly as well. Last week I was reading a story to her for nap time and she said: "Christina, can I ask you something?" I of course said "certainly, what's up?" she continued: " I know that you and Enrico aren't married yet.... but, can I still say that you are my aunt, aunt tina? Because I love you lot's and you will always be my aunt Enrico or not Enrico" (note: she is only 4 years old)
Tears came to my eyes and I said "of course you can, and I love you too!"
Amazing how they seem so grown up!

Jaimee said...

So sweet! I'm experiencing the same thing from a little boy's point of view. It's so much fun! You never know what they'll come up with next!

michele cabiness said...

My kids only say thanks in prayers too. I thought this was unique to our family since I don't remember any of my siblings doing it. My favorites are "I'm thankful that our food will be healthy for us" and "I'm thankful that dad will come home safely". Such faith these kids have!