Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ella's First Fishing Trip

Monday night Mike told me he wanted to take us all fishing in the morning (have I mentioned how fun it is to have him home so much this summer?!). I thought it was such a cute, great idea and yesterday morning we tried to head out early to beat the heat (impossible to do right now). Despite it being a little warm (poor Addie, I thought there would be a lot of mosquitos and put pants on her), we had SO MUCH FUN and will definitely go again! Ella even worked up enough courage to touch the little fish before throwing them back in. She was thrilled everytime they caught one and would immediately want to get another one. So, even if Mike never has any sons to fish with, it looks like Ella will definitely be game :-)!




Mmmmm, doughnuts, the breakfast of champions :-)!


My two favorite pitures! Ella and Addie love Mike so much and just watched him in amazement as he caught fish :-)!

The first catch of the day...they were really beautiful little fish (I forgot what Mike said they were called, I'll have to edit later).



Well, maybe this one is my favorite picture of the day...


9 comments:

Scott Pete said...

I loved your blog it reminded me of my very first family fishing trip!

Sarah S said...

I can't decide if I should show your post to Ben or not - he may quit his job right then and become a teacher so he can have the summers to go fishing too :) How fun that Mike is around and you're able to do these fun family things together! Cute pictures.

Diane said...

this brought back memories of the many fun camping trips we took while the kids were growing up! i have lots of photos like these of steve teaching mike to fish ....pappa's legacy lives on!

my dad had all girls and he taught my youngest sister, susie, to fish. they would go off for the day and have a great time. that is a special bond they still enjoy :)

Pineapple Hill said...

Where did you guys go? It was pretty there. Mike is such a cute dad. It is so sweet the bond he has with those cuties. What a fun family day.

Diane said...

the fish look like perch.

Christina bambina said...

how much fun! It's great to be able to get a "glimpse" into your guys's life!

Brittany said...

That was such a cute post! I thought Ella looked so big reeling in that fish all by herself!

Heber and Chalonn said...

Wow. It must be nice to have these opportunities to spend more family time. Ella is darling and you can tell she loves being with her Dad, even if it's touching the yucky fish! She did good!

The Chrissy Herself said...

Addie's Uh Oh! haha... I am still scared to touch those suckers... good for her!