Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

We started our 4th of July by watching our neighborhood's little parade in the morning. I tried to get a good picture of both girls together while we waited for the parade to head our way, but Addie is just really not into it right now :-).


The parade was VERY little, considering our neighborhood only has 4 streets, but it was cute. They actually had a firetruck leading the way and although I was impressed, the girls could have done without it...
To view the actual parade click here.
Later in the afternoon we headed over to my parents' house for a BBQ and the girls were EXCITED :-)!

Finally I remembered to get a picture of the 4 of us! I have forgotten at all our last major events: Britt's wedding, Father's Day, Mike's Birthday, etc. I also attempted another photo shoot with the girls and unfortunately the one picture of Ella AND Addie looking at me was blurry, but I'm posting it anyway!


All the festive girls' bracelets: Grammy, Nana, Ella and Addie (whose festive bling was provided by Nana of course).


We then found out that Houston has a new law banning fireworks in certain areas and after carefully viewing the map discovered my parents are in one of those zones. Obviously, not setting off all of these fireworks was NOT an option, so we headed over to our house, because in Katy you can do whatever you want :-)!



Scott was the firework master and with Hope as his assistant, provided a wonderful show not only for us, but for our neighbors who all watched as well! We especially loved Scott's non-chalant walk away from the fireworks after lighting them and I had to capture it on video :-).
(for some reason it looks really dark on YouTube but not with our Kodak program, you get the idea anyway)
Ella was scared to death of the fireworks (well mainly the loud noise they made shooting out of the tube) and no matter what we did, wanted nothing to do with them. Grandad went and watched them with her from the safety of her bedroom window - thanks Dad :-)!



Of all the holidays I think I miss having Mack here at the 4th of July the most! It totally is HIS holiday in my mind :-)! Maybe next year, right Mack?!

5 comments:

Annemarie said...

I can't believe you are all grown up...with kids!! You are so cute and your girls are darling. Ella looks like a dark haired Marci (the way I remember you!) It's been so fun to find you guys and see what you've been up to.

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

I didn't think about making a video, that was cool. Annie and Kylee wanted to go inside at one point too. They are loud fireworks!

Diane said...

what a fun time. i love the "bracelet" photo and grandad in the window with ella...and "cool" scott lighting some serious fireworks! what a fun time!

Diane said...

it is funny that you keep forgetting to get a photo of your little family. that was one of the things i wanted to get at brittany and ili's wedding and i forgot. i need an updated family shot of you guys....you have to remember to get one at kayley and scott's wedding for me!

Christina bambina said...

Sooo cute! The girls in their dresses are wonderful! Your mom is soooo talented! I can only sew on buttons and maybe hem a thing or two! (I'm lucky my boyfriends mom can sew, she does everything for me!)
Looks like you all had fun! I miss not being in US for the 4th of July. Here, it was just a regular day......