Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lamenting Lentils

Yesterday during naptime/quiet time I actually got to work and vacuumed and mopped our downstairs. While the girls ate their snacks I started dinner and left the opened bag of lentils on the counter when I was done, my mistake. Ella, having never seen a bag of lentils before, pulled it down to get a closer look and woops....(when I went to take the picture she smiled at me so I told her to make a sad face...she really did feel bad)

My mom always said, "when life hands you lemons, make lemonade" or, in this case, when life spills your lentils, throw a lentil-popsicle party! Why let so many good lentils go to waste?!







These were taken before the lentil incident...I can't resist taking pictures when she puts the helmet on!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

What are lentils? I should expand my cooking skills. They look messy, I know that.

Sarah S said...

that's funny! I'm glad you still saved some for your dinner...

Amy said...

I hate it when that happens...why does it only happen after you've cleaned the house?

Diane said...

What a good momma, to turn an upset into fun!

Melissa said...

You get he mom of the year award with the Lentil Popsicle Party.