Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Less Than 24-Hour Bug

This morning Ella came into our room around 6:30am, got in bed next to me, and fell asleep. She NEVER does that so I should have been clued in that something was not quite right, but I was still oblivious, although I do remember thinking she felt a little warm. When we woke up again a little while later we went downstairs to get some breakfast and while I was making it she threw up. At 8am I still hadn't heard Addie so I went in to check on her and she was awake, but just laying there, definitely NOT Addie's style! I changed her and brought her downstairs and she threw up too (hence the different shirts in these pictures that I look SO cute in). I HATE it when the kiddos are sick! It is so sad, especially for Addie who has no idea why she is doing it. So, we spent all morning laying in bed together watching the entire PBS line-up (Ella probably partially likes being sick for this reason). By 10:30am the girls were begging for something to eat or drink. I gave them a teeny little something and wanted to see how they did before moving on and Addie was just CRYING for more. It was really, really awful! (especially when I gave them both a couple slices of banana - when Addie finished she was crying, "Nana, Nana!") They both ended up being fine, so they had chicken noodle soup for lunch and took good naps and woke up like nothing had ever happened. It was the strangest flu bug we've ever had, and the nicest one by far! Addie was still wanting more and more food though and I was scared to give her too much so I tried to stretch it out as much as I could. This was her second bowl of rice - she would immediately scream for more when she finished anything.
Not long after she licked her plate of spaghetti clean, so much for being sick :-)!
And a little playtime upstairs before baths and bed....

You probably thought I was exaggerating the shoe obsession, but....



8 comments:

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

I just had that bug a few days ago, we all have colds now!

michele cabiness said...

My kids had a 4 hour flu where they threw up probably 10 times in 4 hours, took a nap and woke up 100% better. I thought that was good, but yours sounds better!

Christina bambina said...

That is soooo wiered! My boyfriend, our niece, my mom and I all had the same bug last week..... I guess it just "flu" across the world :)!!!

chloe_rocks said...

awww pooor cowens i love them even when they have troubles like that:)

Pineapple Hill said...

That chair is so cute and comfy.
Thanks Julie!

janessa gibson said...

So sad! Hope you're all feeling better!

Heber and Chalonn said...

Hope everyone is feeling better! I hate little bugs like that, but it sounds like a pretty nice one. Oh, and I'm laughing at Addie's shoe obsession...I can't believe they actually have that many pair of shoes in their closet....YAY!!!

Stephanie said...

I'm so sorry, glad it is over