Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My New Challenge...Cycling

I have long heard about the amazing benefits of cycling for your physique (and of course health too, but we all know what we are really after when we go to the gym) and I have also long avoided these classes. I remember in college going to ONE cycling class with Caroline and not only was I bored but I also thought I may die. That pretty much sealed the deal...no more cycling for me, EVER! Flash forward 7, maybe 8, years (wow, I'm getting old) and I gave it another try. While Kayley was in town over Christmas break we went to a class and I felt the exact same way...bored and dead. Last week Mckell mentioned she was going to cycling and I decided I should go for my own good :-). For some reason I kind of liked it this time around! Yes, it still kicks my butt and yes, it can get a little long, but I feel like I kind of know what I'm doing now. I went again today and I think I have officially been converted. It is a new challenge for me to overcome and I seriously think my legs are skinnier already, well maybe not, but it IS a welcome change to my workout routine. (and although I did consider asking the cycling class this morning to pose for a picture, I decided to just find this one online instead :-).
Here are some pictures of the girlies:

I expect everyone at home to give me a round of applause for getting this picture of Ella AND Addie not only looking at me at the same time, but SMILING too :-)! Especially when you consider that in the next shot this resulted...
We swam again today, no pictures though, and then came home for naps. I sat down for my relaxing computer time and could hear talking from both of the girls' rooms. This is what I found when I went to inspect, little readers (Addie was obviously shocked to see me again)...

4 comments:

Sarah S said...

I LOVE spin classes!! But that first one really does kick your butt. After that it gets a little easier (but you always feel so buff or at least that you burned a zillion calories). I need to get back into it now that I don't feel like puking all day long...

That's pretty funny about the girls and the naps. Both reading!

Annemarie said...

OK, you crack me up!! I've always thought that people either LOVE cycling classes, or HATE them. I would be in the last group. I stick to the eliptical machine every time...So I am truely impressed that you are being converted to the other side.
I am also a firm believer that after ANY type of exercise one should either lose a pound or an incg off of a problem area. I'm sure your legs look fabulous already!!

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

That's so good they already love to read. Applause for the smiling girls. You are brave to take a spinning class. I took half of one once and that's it.

Brittany said...

I read this cycling entry today and it inspired me to go on the bike at the Air Force gym tonight. It wasn't a typical spinning class bike but I stood up occasionally to pedal nonetheless! I could feel the burn.