Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Room Re-do

My mom's friend and neighbor Julie (who I have mentioned in the past for giving Ella other FUN hand-me-downs) gave us a little mini-chair and ottoman for Ella awhile ago. It has been sitting in our laundry room waiting for Mike to give it some TLC and try to clean it up a little. Ella has patiently waited :-) and been sooo excited to have it in her room. It was finally cleaned (go Mike!) and I brought it up to her room yesterday, which meant we needed to do some rearranging. I quickly called in the reinforcements...Kayley and my mom (and Hope too!) :-)!
Here are the results...


Ella LOVES her new little reading nook and I think her room just has more of a "big girl" feel to it now. (You can kind of see the old arrangement in the video here and the pic here) Ella and I also recently made a little dress up station in her closet. Her dress-up box from Grammy and Greatfrog was over-flowing so we put some hooks up to try and organize things a little bit. She has been much better about keeping her room cleaned up now that everything has a place where it belongs.
A post wouldn't be complete without a silly Adeline shot :-). I had failed to bring my camera downstairs with me yesterday so I missed the best moments of her wearing Ella's bike helmet running upstairs to grab it. She keeps us laughing...

5 comments:

Christina bambina said...

How cool is that! Go Mike! And go Miner girls! That's the way to do it!

chloe_rocks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chloe_rocks said...

sorry marci well ellas chair is supper cute and so is her room...come check out my blog:)


ps. addie looks like a little turtle in the helmet:D

Leighanna said...

I love Ella's room - especially how it is all sized for her!! Too Cute!

Heber and Chalonn said...

Sooo cute! I love her adorable room. Everything is coordinating and the new reading chair will be fabulous! Sometimes I wish I had my mom and sisters around to help me decorate....very cute!