Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Addie's First Haircut and Other Fun

I finally trimmed off Addie's little duck tail. I would have done it sooner, but Mike really loved it :-) and I must admit that teeny curl was pretty dang cute. It just started to look a little TOO long. When I see pictures of Ella's mullet as a toddler I feel terrible that I didn't take care of it sooner, what kind of mother was I?! I think I was just so excited she finally had ANY hair at all. So, here is Addie's newly trimmed neckline...In case you are wondering whether I really did anything at all, here is the proof. Her perfect little blond curl:
Yesterday as I desperately tried to finish up my post about Ella's birthday party I let the girls eat a yogurt snack on my bed. They are actually both really good at self-feeding with yogurt, but Addie always asks for some help with those last few bites. Ella was more than happy to be of assistance :-)! And yes, I had yogurt splattered all over our sheets, but I had to wash them that afternoon anyway. They had me laughing...
I love to see how excited the girls are to "read" their books as we leave the library. When we moved their car seats right next to each other in the new car I wasn't sure if it was a wise switch, but it has actually been really great for the most part. Aside from the occasional grab by Ella when Addie isn't quite ready to let go of something, they can pass things easily between each other and Ella loves to feel like a big helper when Addie needs something.
I surprised the girls with lunch at Chick-Fil-A...can you tell Ella was excited when she heard the news?! She swears she LOVED it despite not looking too enthused in the picture I took there :-).

6 comments:

The Nixon Family said...

um, new car. no post about this... what'd you get!?!?! so fun!

Jaimee said...

That video was adorable!
I'm hoping to have another little someone for my little guy soon! We shall see. I just love watching siblings playing and helping one another (although the fighting can be entertaining too):)

Sarah S said...

That video is so so funny!! The girls are so cute together.

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

What a cute video!

Christina Bambina said...

You are such a great mom! the video is really cute! I got me laughing as well!!!

Um, new car???? where's that exciting post????

Jenn said...

Major audible laughter when Ella discovered the yogurt on the bed..."Uh oh..." the timing couldn't have been better! So cute...(-: