Friday, August 22, 2008

Bye to Kayley and Scott (and more)

Last night Kayley and Scott stopped by one last time before heading back to Utah for the year. I got so used to Kayley being around all summer, as did the girls, so it was sad to say goodbye. Luckily for us, with both their families in Katy, they will hopefully be moving back this way soon. Stay warm guys :-)!We found this little chef hat in the $1 spot at Target (gotta love it) and Ella was excited to help cook again. Actually, she was mostly excited to have a hat like Pig on our favorite show Word World, but she did ask to help cook as well for the first time in weeks. (this is a GREAT show by the way, so check it out if you haven't seen it before!)
From Today:

I know most of you probably don't care to see more power-washing pictures, but it is so amazing to me! I love to see the before and after!

And lastly, I received my second completed book from Blurb today. I opted for the square book this time around since there weren't TONS of pictures or info to include. I also went with the softcover because it was a lot cheaper. I was a little surprised at how small the book was (view it in Addie's little hands below), although had I paid attention to the measurements given on the site I would have been fully aware. I am still completely satisfied with the quality of the pictures of the pages (these turned out MUCH better than my 2007 book because they were taken with our newer camera) and the book itself. This size would be perfect for projects like making the girls a little book of our Disneyland trip. I'm still a blurb fan, but if I ordered another copy of this book I would definitely do the hardback (note to all you roomies out there who may want to get your own copy).




8 comments:

The Chrissy Herself said...

I LOVE that book!! The pictures came out so great! I can't wait to put one together from Europe!!!

Annemarie said...

I think in as much as your sister will be living here you and your mom need to come to Utah to visit...!

Jaimee said...

You are a Powerwashing Maniac...now get your buns over to my house :)

Brittany said...

I love Addie's little clip! Hilarious!

Sarah S said...

that book is so cute!! I think the small size is fun, but I can see how you would want the bigger hardcover for bigger projects.

the before and after pics are amazing!!

Wireman said...

You have got powerwashing down to a
science. I didn't know it was addictive but what you've done looks great.

McKell and John said...

Marci, that book is beautiful! I can't wait to see all ofyour other blurbs!

Blake, Jamie & Samantha Holiday said...

Those books really are great. One of these days, I'm gonna have to see them in person! I don't know about you, but I already miss the pools! Why must they close!