Saturday, August 2, 2008

Keeping Cool

Yesterday the girls and I walked down to the mailbox to mail Ella's birthday invitations and Addie cried when I brought her back inside. I love that she enjoys being outdoors so much, but I do worry about her little body overheating in the lovely weather of a Houston summer. To keep cool the girls played with buckets of water for a long, LONG time while I read my magazine in the shade :-).


Unfortunately, last night I was forced to try to keep MY cool as I encountered a blogger's nightmare...
I decided to try and find a new background for my recipe blog, specifically one with food pictures (imagine that!). I found a non-food background I liked on Cutest Blog on the Block and although I was happy with the change, I continued my quest for a food-related background. I should have known better, I have never had luck with any other sites, but I was feeling more "blog savvy" and figured I could handle it now. Well, I was WAY wrong! I lost all my sidebar information and was on the computer for hours last night trying to figure out how to get a REALLY cute background (food related) to work, before I set out to re-create my sidebar. Eventually I gave up on the new background and decided I would just use the brown background from Cutest Blog and just have to be happy with that. Although I was EXTREMELY frustrated at this point, I felt confident I could get back to where I was.
Then the real nightmare began! If you visit my other blog now, you will see that the title of each blog post is teeny and the date is HUGE. I cannot get it to switch no matter what I try. My blog has to be set to a minima template for the background to work, but yesterday I had it up and running with that background so I know it is possible. The other problem is that at the end of each post things are out of order as well. I go into Layout and edit posts and arrange them how I want but then they stay the same on the actual blog...I want the labels at the end like they used to be. So, I had reached my breaking point and when Mike asked me how much longer I was going to be on the computer I burst into tears and told him my whole blog was ruined :-)! He convinced me to go to bed and wait until the morning to keep trying but I still have not had any luck today (although I did get all my sidebar info back in place). I have posted my problem on some message boards, but if anyone has any helpful suggestions (besides leaving well enough alone next time), I would HAPPILY take them!

3 comments:

Pineapple Hill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pineapple Hill said...

After reading your post, I had to check out your Menu Blog. I LOVE the new look. You're my "Blog Idol" so if you had a tough time I'm never even going to attempt to change mine. I love the way you set it up for me anyway. THanks! The girls are so cute playing together. Glad you had some peaceful time in the shade with your new magazine. Don't you just love those moments!

Sarah S said...

OH I hate blog issues!! My friend Amber had similar problems and I think she ended up clearing it all and starting over. I think something was just buggy with her code. Good luck figuring it out! It doesn't look terrible in the meantime, but I can understand if you want it to be a certain way and how aggravating it is when it's not.