Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Love our Library

I know, I know everyone already knows we LOVE our library. You may not know that I actually love it so much that while looking for a preschool program for Ella this year one of my priorities was trying to ensure she would be able to attend her library time on Wednesdays still. With school starting next week on Tuesdays and Thursdays it is perfect (not to mention Addie and I get our own little date to her storytime on Tuesdays now)! In comparison to the other library near us (which we still call Andrew's library...we miss you!) this one is little and old, but it is still our favorite! Who needs computer games and toy areas at a library anyway? We have books, storytime and lots of librarians we love (not to mention they love us too!).

During the toddler storytime we all sit around a parachute and sing, etc. Addie's favorite part is when we sing Old McDonald and Miss Charity throws out these big puppet animals into the middle of the parachute as we sing about them. At the end of the parachute fun the kids play with lots of balls and are able to get the puppets too. She could care less about the balls, she always runs right for the animals and picks one to cuddle. Today Ella's storytime theme was Farms so the puppets were out...2 days in a row...Addie was in heaven :-)!





5 comments:

Pineapple Hill said...

I LOVE that Ella and Addie have such a passion for books and reading already! I know they're always so excited about the new books they've checked out. What cute dresses:)

Stephanie said...

They are such cute girls, you seriously are a very inspiring mom. I may go look up our library schedule now.

Emily said...

Look at Addie's hair! Even though it seems I see her at least once a week, I swear that either her hair or her body grows an inch in between times!

Annemarie said...

I absolutley love the pictures of your girls "reading" their books. That really is so cute! I have a lot of pics of my boys reading in the car, they are some of my most favorite! The best is they still LOVE to read!
What a good mom you are!!

Sarah S said...

Those matching dresses are darling!!! Those pictures are so fun.