Friday, August 1, 2008

My Blurb Book is Here...HOORAY!!!!!

I think I should contact Blurb and see if they want to start paying me for advertising for them because I will definitely be telling anyone and everyone about how much I LOVE them :-)!
I kept this book to 160 pages to avoid going up to the next price bracket and with the image wrap cover (picture printed right on the book instead of having a dust jacket) plus shipping it was about $60. It doesn't sound like a great deal until you consider that I was paying well over $100 for prints of our photos each year and then buying nice photo albums to keep them in. This book is nice and slim (I have 3 FULL photo albums from 2007) and I love that the stories that go along with the pictures are right there with them! I will definitely be "blurbing" every year of our lives from now on...and probably any major occasion too. I'm almost done with my Oregon trip book and then all my old roomies can just look it up on blurb.com and order their own copy if they so desire. The site is super user friendly! You can transfer your blog right to the book format and then rearrange as you wish, add more pictures from your computer, play around with your layouts, etc.
Fun, FUN, FUN!
Here are a few pictures of my pages that show some of different layouts you can choose from (and you can view a preview of my book here). Of course, I will happily show off the book to anyone that lives near me too - I may carry it with me everywhere :-)!





17 comments:

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

So you didn't get the dust jacket? What option did you get? I'm just about to order my 2'nd one.

Marci said...

I think it is called ImageWrap. It became an option while I was working on this book. On my preview it still looks like I have the dust jacket but when you go to order it has the additional option - I think it's a few dollars more, but I figured a dust jacket would end up getting ripped. I really like how the cover looks with everything printed right into it.

Amy said...

I can't wait to see it in person! Bring it when I see you next.

Sarah S said...

GREAT book!! It looks terrific. I'm definitely going to do something like that... maybe after we move. I keep kicking myself for not getting Eli's first year scrapbooked (I was so stuck on doing it the digital scrapbook way, but I'm still too slow at it since I'm not a photoshop expert) so I do it this way instead, which is great! I think it's so nice that you can transfer the content and pics from your blog over to it so you're not starting completely from scratch. Yeah for keeping up a regular blog! :)

Allie said...

So is this your plan to do a blurb book each year instead of albums? Or did you do albums before you decided to do the blurb book for 2007?

Marci said...

My plan now is to JUST do the blurb book. I didn't start my blog until May 07 and didn't hear about blurb until the end of the year. I blurbed this year as my trial because I figured if I didn't like it I already had the pictures of it, plus I got used to the program as I went along and figured out what I liked. At the beginning I was trying to get all the pictures in and I got more creative with the layouts as I continued so I definitely like the end of the book better :-).

Pineapple Hill said...

Bring it tonight!

Annemarie said...

This is getting me really excited to start my first book. Yours turned out great!!

Diane said...

that book is fabulous! we have come a long way from the old fashioned scrapbooks with acid on the pages.

Lindsey said...

That's a really good idea and a good price. Usually books like that are over $100 plus you have to pay for all sorts of extras. Thanks for the tip!

Christina Bambina said...

Wow Mars, that looks incredible! I don't think we have anything similar here yet..... but now I'll look for it!

Blake, Jamie & Samantha Holiday said...

I can't wait to see it! Bring it to recipe group...

Pineapple Hill said...

The book is amazing! I want to look at it when I have more time.
Love it!

Emily said...

Hey, will you bring it to church sometime so I can see it? Looks beautiful!

The Nixon Family said...

You are AMAZING. way to go. it looks great. i will have to be a better blogger to actually fill up the book.

Melissa said...

So when are we going to have our blurb/blogging party? It will be a while before I do a book, but I can't wait. You are an inspiration.

Helena said...

Very cool! I've done one book with blurb, but it was all thumbnail-sized photos of our pictures for the year (kind of an index thing) so I didn't really get a good sense of the print quality.

I hear good things about mypictales, too, but I haven't tried them yet.