Saturday, September 6, 2008

Checked Off the List

Yesterday I managed to keep the girls busy enough during the day that I was able to read the last 60 pages of Pride and Prejudice just in time for our bookclub's movie night...I HAD to read the end before seeing it! I really loved the book and also enjoyed watching the 5 HOUR movie (wow, that is long! I had a volleyball break in the middle which helped).

Pride and Prejudice Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I finished! I was pleasantly surprised as I began reading this book at how funny I found it. There are many different characters in the book and in the beginning, when I was only reading a chapter every few days, it made it hard to keep up with. However, once I became more involved in the story and grew to know the sisters and their acquaintances I really began to love it. The main romantic storyline was very similar to North and South in my opinion, but in Pride and Prejudice there are the added storylines of the supporting characters to keep your interest as well. The characters are brought to life very well and you definitely have those you absolutely love and those you love to hate, or at the least, be irritated with. I am so glad I finally read this one!


View all my reviews.