Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Foot Fashion Faux Pas

The evidence of our footwear troubles now that Ella has started school:
Her little face looks cute as can be and we did a cute hair-do.
Still looking good. She picked out her shirt and I gave her an option between this skirt and some shorts...she picked the skirt of course :-).
Uh-oh! Fashion alert!
I tried to convince her to at least leave out the socks, but they are brand new shoes and I was a little worried she'd get blisters, so I didn't force the issue.
Oh well, what can you do :-)?! Comfort and playground friendliness over fashion now!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

You are so funny. I think I through out fashion along time ago, even though Lauren talks about Fashion all the time. If it is sparkly it is fashion. And we know how well sparkle just goes with everything, not. Your girls are always so cute.
And I always love your blog titles, very clever.

Sarah S said...

That's hilarious! It would make me cringe too (especially since she has so many cute sandals), but at least her feet won't hurt after playing a lot outside!

Annemarie said...

That is too funny. One of the hardest "battles" i've had to let go of is the "what not to wear" battle.
You are such a good mom for just letting it go!!

mike said...

Fashion Faux "Paws" :)

Kirsten said...

Don't worry - her cute little smile and hairdo more than make up for the shoes!

Pineapple Hill said...

That is so funny. I remember going through that with Hope when she started pre-school. What to do!

Pineapple Hill said...

P.S. Mike I LOVE your pun!

Stephanie said...

We are right there with you guys, I feel the pain.

Diane said...

She is still the cutest kid in the class!

Melissa said...

I feel your pain! Emily is really into skirts and dresses now, but her preschool requires socks and closed toed shoes. I just have to find comfort in the fact that everyone else is in the same boat as her! Ella still looks very cute, by the way!