Thursday, September 11, 2008

Getting Gas with Ike

As many of you know (especially those of you who live down here with me!) hurricane Ike is heading straight for us. The good news is Mike gets to hang out at home with us tomorrow (not to mention we are feeling prepared for the storm). The bad news is getting gas was NOT fun today :-)!Actually, we didn't have it too bad. I think we waited about 20 minutes and I have already talked to many others who had to wait much longer than that (not to mention some stations were completely OUT of gas already). The awful part for me was trying to get out of the gas station once I filled up. There were cars and lines everywhere you turned, but we managed to get out and get Ella to school without hitting anyone OR being hit! Hallelujah! Here are the girls while we waited in line.

We'll keep you posted on the storm's progress. We plan on staying here since we are not in an evacuation zone and the highways are already crowded full of people and cars. The projected landfall right now is tomorrow night, but in the mean time we'll just enjoy the beautiful day we are having as we wait!

3 comments:

Sarah S said...

Good luck! I'm glad you were able to get gas. I talked to my sister-in-law Elizabeth today who is also in Houston - they are sticking around too since they're town isn't being evacuated. Scary though! I hope it's not too destructive. I think you should come up with a recipe to make during the Hurricane and include that in the name - "Hurricane Chili" or something that's made in a dutch oven or over a gas stove :)

Kim said...

Not so sure I want to move to Houston now...

Marci said...

Haha! I totally thought of you today too, knowing this wasn't helping to sell Houston...Thanks a lot Ike!