Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gustav Effect

Well, Ella is at school right now! Her first day :-). She didn't seem too nervous this morning although she did give me a big hug and kiss when I dropped her off. I can't wait to hear all about it when we go pick her up. Addie and I got back in the car to head to the grocery store and she kept asking me, "Lella? Lella? Where is it?" I told her she was at school and we would pick her up after our nap. Then as we ate lunch she asked me again "Lella? Lella? Bye Bye." It's nice to know that despite how often they get on each other's nerves they really do love and depend on one another.

Anyway, I'm working on editing our San Anotonio pictures so I can post those and move on to first day of school pictures. I thought I'd share these in the mean time though. We left Friday afternoon to drive to San Anotonio and we passed many, many motorcades of empty charter buses driving out towards Louisiana to evacuate people.
(click the pics to make them bigger and see the full line better)
We were hoping that we would be "forced" to stay in San Antonio a little longer due to Gustav, but no luck. As we drive home yesterday evening we passed motorcades of ambulances and the buses, still empty. I thought it was interesting enough to share :-).

3 comments:

Amy said...

How exciting for Ella to start school! I'm sure she's having a great time. I can't wait to hear about your trip.

Pineapple Hill said...

I'm so glad Ella had a great day today. Interesting motorcade pictures!

Christina Bambina said...

I guess after Katrina they finally understood the motto "be prepared"!!!
I'm glad you guys aren't affected by Gusatv though.....

Can't wait to see the S.Antoio pix and more about Ella's first day!How cute is Addie wondering where her Sister is... you gotta try and record it!!!