Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Budding Artists

I was checking my email and blogs on the computer yesterday morning, waiting for the girls to wake up, when Ella came in and told me I needed to cover my eyes because she had a surprise for me. This was it...
She made her bed all by herself :-)! The other day I was telling her how we needed to come up with some chores for her to help me do now that she getting older. I told her she could help me by making her bed, unloading the silverware, etc. and then she could earn marbles. She looked at me and said, "I don't want to do that." :-) Apparently she's had a change of heart.
Addie getting herself into more predicaments...
I desperately needed to finish reading the last 60 pages of my book (see previous post) and figured the best way to do that was keep the girls busy with FUN activities!
First up: Painting











I'm thinking, "How strange Addie has paint on her back! She must be really flexible." :-)



Addie's thinking, "Why would you do that to yourself Ella?!"

I'm thinking, "Addie, why are you walking like you are a raptor?!"


Next up: Bath time
And then: Lunch at the Park




Unfortunately, it is Lovebug season for us once again. Ella is definitely NOT feeling their love!
Lastly: Time to go Home for Naps!Hooray! My plan worked and Pride and Prejudice is finished! Now I need to finish The Bean Trees before my next bookclub selection (The Secret Garden) arrives. Oh, and Emily, you will be happy to know that Twilight is also on it's way to me :-)! It lost to The Secret Garden on our bookclub ballot by 1 vote, but I am still determined to finally read it!

8 comments:

The Chrissy Herself said...

Your girls have such a great life! How did you like P&P? I'm gonna read the Twilights next too... I should hurry so we can read it together!

Christina Bambina said...

Ok, so first way to go on the bed making for Ella!! Second, I just can't stop laughing about addie walking like a raptor(ou should of filmed it!)
Third, you are such a great mom for organizing those activities for them.

Xoxo

Allie said...

Marci you are my hero. You get more done in a day than I could ever hope to.

Pineapple Hill said...

What a fun day for the cuties! That is wonderful that Ella made her on bed. Wow! My favorite picture this post has to be Addie the Raptor!

Diane said...

I love how the girls use themselves as the canvas! chloe was the same way...the paint always ended up all over her! and I can't believe you got all of those cute shots of all those fun activities AND finished the book. Talk about multi-tasking!

Lindsey said...

I am impressed with Ella's bed making abilities...it looks really good! Carter only wishes I would let him cover himself in paint. Maybe someday, I will get organized and brave to let him have that much fun.

Emily said...

So, I gotta know--how long did painting occupy them? I tried painting, coloring, then bubles with Brooklynn the other day so I could get some stuff done and she was finished with all three within 15 minutes. I think I spent more time setting stuff up for her than she did having fun with it! Glad Twilight is on the agenda so I can annoy yet another person by talking about it all the time!

Kayley said...

Marc you are such a good mom! I hope I'm that fun when I have kids. The Comcast guy came to our apartment this morning and we finally have internet! So I'll be posting tonight :)