Friday, September 12, 2008

Playing the Waiting Game

So, while we are waiting for the wrath of Ike to strike, we are most definitely enjoying playing in the mean time. We hit the park this morning and as we passed the golf course by our house on the way home, noticed it was closed. So, Mike decided to play some free golf, what else could we do?! I've been taking videos of the wind throughout the day so I'll post a little montage once it's all over (our you can search marci6tx on YouTube and find the ones I've already uploaded, sort by date added)...if we have electricity that is :-)! (and the house in the golfing pics is just a random one that was boarded up)

The photo above was taken by Ella's request and the photo below is our house at 9am this morning...everything looking good :-).






























I just thought it was hilarious that Addie's little hairs were hanging over the back of her seat.
I was downstairs cleaning up a little when we got home and came upstairs to find Ella standing on her stool reading in the bathroom (don't even ask me what happened to her ponytail)...
...and Addie sitting on a bear, wearing high heels and reading. I suppose it's reading all the same though :-).

It's about 4:30pm here right now and things are looking about the same as they have...maybe even less wind than earlier actually.

6 comments:

Wireman said...

You have the cutest family. Mike had a great idea to play some free
golf. Enjoy the storm and stay safe!

Annemarie said...

Thanks for the update! I have been a little consumed with this storm. How close are you guys to the "dangerous" part of Texas?

Marci said...

We're about an hour northwest of Galveston

Diane said...

Wonderful shots of what looked like a perfect family day! I hope the house looks the same at 9am tomorrow! :O

Sarah S said...

Reading about the looming storm makes me stressed, and I'm not even close! Good luck, I hope it's not too destructive to your cute house.

And nice pink phone, Mike :) (I'm guessing it was Marci's?) That's great that he had the day off.

Marci said...

Sarah, You are so observant...I don't think I would have noticed, but you're right, it's mine :-)!