Thursday, September 11, 2008

Poop Signals

While others are scurrying around preparing for the hurricane, I am yet again wasting away my day on the computer. I wasn't planning this post, although I'm working on another, but this is an Addie-ism I had to share.

Addie knows completely well how to say "poop" and "potty" and even to sign "potty" if her heart so desires, but when she has just done her number she chooses none of these options to let me know about it. Instead she meanders on over to me like she has no particular objective in mind and then stands silently by me until I notice that my little munchkin is also a little stinky. Most of the time her method is successful, but I don't have the most keen sense of smell and there have been times where I am completely oblivious. She doesn't seem to mind.

And by the way she has moved on to a size 5 diaper - she's getting so big! :-(

2 comments:

Allie said...

Jace used to do the exact same thing. Now he just ignores it completely unless I come near him then he stares at me like he has done something wrong or says "Poo Poo". That's rare though. Right there with you on the size 5 though!

Pineapple Hill said...

What a smart little princess.