Saturday, September 13, 2008

Safe and Sound

We are in San Antonio with Mike's fam now safe and sound. We chickened out because we did not want to be without power, although my family's came back on about an hour after we left and is still on despite the storm really hitting them now. I am sad that I won't have any exciting videos to post or scary stories to tell, but we'll enjoy a mini-vacation here in the mean time :-). Hopefully our house will be safe and sound when we return. I did bring photo albums, baby books and all our CDs with pictures and videos on them just in case!

4 comments:

michele cabiness said...

Glad you are safe. About my basement comment before, Nick informed me that basements do no good in a hurricane. What can I say, I'm an ignorant Californian!

Liz L said...

I was just checking in to find out how you guys were doing - glad to hear you got out of there - the news coverage looks pretty crazy. Every year I forget how close you are to all the hurricane action. Travel safely and hope you don't have to come home to any surprises.

Annemarie said...

I'm so glad you guys are ok!!! Kepp us posted on you & your family!!

Sarah S said...

That's much nicer than sitting in a house without power. It's nice that you have Mike's family to escape to for the time being. We are getting slammed with torrential rain today, it's crazy. I can only imagine what it looks like in Houston.