Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Thank You and A Please

THANK YOU Ella and Addie for playing so well together this evening! They went in and were having so much fun playing NICELY with these paper dolls that they didn't even want to stop to come eat dinner with me (and it was even their favorite, Creamy Lemon Chicken!) so I was able to eat in peace, and relative quiet, while finishing up The Bean Trees (see review below). It was definitely a rare moment to be treasured :-)!

onto my PLEASE...can everyone PLEASE stop making their blogs private?! First of all, it takes way too much effort on my behalf to remember to check them since I don't get the memo about them being updated! Secondly, today yet another of the bloggers that I "stalk" made her blog private and I'm really sad! I don't feel quite bold enough to ask to be "invited" to view a stranger's blog, but I really like my pretend friends :-)! Most of the people I don't know whom I check in on have girls my girls' ages and now I'll never know what they are doing! How will I go on?! I may just cry myself to sleep tonight. And lastly, if you do make your blog private, please update it frequently enough that when I DO remember to check it there is a new post to read!
Disclaimer: Don't worry, if you do have a private blog and I actually know you (meaning we have at least met at some point!), I still love you!


The Bean Trees The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I debated 3 or 4 stars on this one...really what is a star worth?! I definitely enjoyed this book and it was a quick and easy read. It was quite depressing in some parts, but ended on a happier note, which I definitely appreciated. I love the way Barbara Kingsolver writes so descriptively and she definitely did that in this book as usual. However, The Poisonwood Bible is definitely still my favorite of hers!


View all my reviews.

8 comments:

Kim said...

I dunno... I wasn't really feeling the love from this post.

Diane said...

You were in rare form tonight. Your blog made me laugh....especially about your "pretend friends". I love having fellow blog stalkers.

Annemarie said...

I completely agree on the private blog thing...soooo inconvenient. Makes lurking that much harder.

I love those cute paper dolls!!! What good girls!

Melissa said...

Way to go Marci. Thanks for voicing what the rest of us feel.

Kirsten said...

I despise private blogs. Makes stalking so much harder! I don't see what the point of a blog is if you don't want people reading it!

Melissa said...

I feel the same way! I have actually thought about making my family blog private a few times when I have gotten strange comments from people I don't know, but then I don't want to have friends/family/etc. feel like they have to be invited.

Liz L said...

Oops - I am one of those annoying bloggers who not only has a private but is also very inconsistent about posting. Sorry about that - I'll try to be better :)

Liz L said...

That last post didn't come out quite right - I meant to write a "private blog." It sounded kind of funny without that qualifier.