Monday, September 15, 2008

Yes, I'm One of "Those" People Now

Well, I finally gave in to all the hype (and the nagging of many friends) and read Twilight. I must admit, I was rather skeptical at first. Well, actually, I have always been skeptical...I mean, vampires, come on! I just didn't understand why they couldn't just be people, you know, something real that could actually happen. Even as I first started reading and the whole vampire subject was first introduced I wasn't buying it. I thought the book was interesting, but I didn't think I would become one of "those" people who loves the book and wants to talk about it all the time (you know who you are :-). But, it did happen. At some point, and I don't know where, I became OBSESSED! I was reading every minute I could (and probably some minutes when I should have been doing other things instead) and I finished it. In 2 days nonetheless(which is some sort of record for me). AND I LOVED IT!!! As soon as I finished (and read the mean teaser of the first chapter of the next book) I ordered the next one, but I don't think I can wait! I NEED to read the next one NOW :-)! So, I'll probably be calling one of the many of you who own all these books and borrow it until mine comes! I keep thinking about the book and the characters and it's driving me a little crazy :-), but in a good way. So, congratulations to all those who influenced me little by little, slowly over time and broke me down - you were right - I did need to read them. Now, don't anybody spoil what happens in the next 3 (oh man, are there really 3 more...I'm going to be SO non-productive these next couple weeks)! Oh, and I don't know if I want to see the movie when they make it. I know I'll just be disappointed. Are they making one movie for all 4 books? How can they fit in enough to make it good?

5 comments:

Amy said...

I read all 3 books in one week. Luckily, Jeff was out of town and so he didn't feel like I was neglecting him. I still haven't started the 4th, it's in my drawer. Hopefully I'll have some free time soon.

Marci said...

I went and picked up the rest of them from Mckell tonight - I couldn't wait to go on to the next one. Right now I'm getting frustrated though...I'm wanting Edward back in the picture :-)...just venting, don't say anything that will give something away :-)!

Heber and Chalonn said...

I'm not going to be one to deny it...I'm one of "those"!

Pineapple Hill said...

I'm feeling a little left out. Miss hope is defiitely One of "Those" People! I bet she'd love it if she had someone here to talk to about it. Hmmmm, maybe I'll give in:)

michele cabiness said...

I became hooked after my book club read it. I read the first three in a week. I was origially not into the idea also but fell in love. I was very sad when I had to wait for 4 to come out.