Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Feeling Thankful

I sometimes think it would be nice if my family didn't all live right here together, not because I don't LOVE having them close, but because I feel the quality of our time together goes down a notch. We get together to eat dinner or celebrate a holiday and then we all rush back to our own busy lives...we aren't just there, in one house, for an extended amount of time just to enjoy each other's company.

Today, however, I am feeling extremely thankful that we are only a phone call away! On mornings like this one when I am feeling completely and utterly overwhelmed by my life, my church calling, my house, my children and my exhausted body...to know that I can call my mom, in tears, and she can be here in minutes to help me is definitely worth any other trade-offs. Thanks mom :-)! I love you!

9 comments:

Diane said...

This was a sweet post. I am so glad your mom is there for you. But after reading your description of the time you spend with us, I lost some of the regret I often feel that we aren't closer. So, thanks for that :)

heather said...

I'm so sorry I loaded you down with yet another crying baby! You are too sweet Marci. I'm pretty jealous that you have a mom nearby. I'm glad you have such a great one.

Kayley said...

aw I'm sorry Marc- I hope you're feeling better and am glad mom was there!

Pineapple Hill said...

I'm so glad we live close by and loved being able to run over and be of some help at a moment's notice. I know what you mean about "quality" time. We'll have to work on that. I guess it's a trade off. Diane you are so cute! You see, we both have it good in different ways. I know it's always a big TREAT to go to Memaa's and Papa's!

Annemarie said...

Kudos to you for knowing when to ask for help, sometimes that can be hard to do. Your mom is the best!
Hope you have a better day tomorrow!

Emily said...

Just so you know--its also okay (even if your family is close) to call on your friends to help! I was thinking about you today and now I feel horrible that I didn't call to see if you needed anything!

Allie said...

I loved this post because it made me realize that I am not the only one feeling overwhelmed at times. I think of you as such a strong person and look up to all you accomplish so much. We all have days we just need someone to come to the rescue.

Christina Bambina said...

that made me cry!!!!

xoxo!

Liz L said...

I'm so sorry you were having a bad day! I'm glad you have family close and it seems like you have such great friends near you too. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with just one! You're a star for being so graceful with two, and a third on the way.