Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pre-Bump/Post-Bump

I have some weekend pictures to catch up on later, but had to share Addie's latest adventure. Yesterday afternoon she was standing on the couch, right next to me mind you, and lost her balance and fell off. On her way to the ground she managed to whack her head on the edge of the coffee table, HARD! I freaked...the noise was so loud and it instantly looked awful. Luckily, the edges of that table are very rounded and the skin didn't break, but we watched her closely the rest of the night.
Addie's last pre-bump picture...
Photobucket
And after the accident (Mike said she looked like a unicorn)...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The swelling is down tons today, but she is still left with a big blue bruise on her forehead that will probably be there for awhile...
oh, Adeline!

14 comments:

Sarah S said...

ouch!! that bump is pretty sad. I'm sure she'll remember it for a while too (Eli still talks about the bump on his forehead that happened a few months ago)

Pineapple Hill said...

Poor sweet Addie! That looks like it really hurts:( Kisses from Nana

The Chrissy Herself said...

Poor baby girl :( Just think of the shenanigens your lil' boy's gonna get into!

Diane said...

Oh Addie, it makes my heart hurt to look at awful bump :( Please give her a kiss for me.

Brittany said...

That looks so painful! I'm glad she is ok.

Melissa said...

oh my goodness...poor thing!

Emily said...

Yeouch! That looks horrendous! No wonder it scared you! Glad its looking better today.

heather said...

Ouch!! That looks so painful! I'm so sorry! Poor girl...

Annemarie said...

OH!! Ouch! That is a nasty goose egg. I think that girl is doing a good job of preparing you for a boy! I call my boys bananas because there are always bruises on their cute little selves.

Melissa said...

Okay, that does look painful, and I do feel for sweet little Addie. But I was hoping to get a post on YOUR pre-bump/post-bump.

Katie B said...

Poor girl! Once I whacked a whiffle ball into my nephews head and it made a nice welt- I felt horrible! Cute little kids should never get hurt! At least they're resilient.

Sara Jean said...

So sad!!! Ouch! It seriously hurts to look at those pictures. Hope she is doing better today!

Kayley said...

OH my gosh! I haven't checked blogs in awhile and had no idea this happened! Pooooor Addie- that looks horrible; it had to of hurt SO bad :(

Liz L said...

Holy cow! That's a huge bump. I would have freaked too.